Thursday

WILS

The Wisconsin International Law Society rang in the new school year with an intellectual bang today by sending out their welcoming email to their unsuspecting membership:

Greetings WILS members:

As the new President of WILS, let me be one of the first of many to welcome you to the 2007-2008 school year. As summer begins to wind down, it's a good time to reflect on the previous year and to look forward to what we hope will be an even better one.


Unfortunately, based on the subsequent replies to the listserv, I'm not convinced that this group will be any better than the last:

From View message header detail yyyyyyyy@xxxxx.com
Sent Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:32 am
To wils@law.wisc.edu
Subject Re: [wils] WILS, 2007-2008

UNSUBSCRIBE! Just kidding. Sophy. Come home.


Maybe this was unintentional, and the unnamed person (who I do not know at all) thought his/her jesting self-exclusion was something to rofl about. I'm hoping for the opposite.

WILS' VP of Internal Affairs, who we'll call Sargent Slaughter, admitted to everyone that no one really wants to be on this listserv in the first place, ironically, in an unintended email that's the whole reason people want out:

From View message header detail S. Slaughter
Sent Thursday, August 23, 2007 11:35 am
To wils@law.wisc.edu
Subject Re: [wils] WILS, 2007-2008

Dude I'm getting so many emails asking me to remove them from the list-serve. So far I've been forwarding them to you, but I'll gladly delete them. Do you know how? I'm taking Evidence, Con Law, Intl. Law, secured transactions and bus orgs.


I think Sarge should change his title to simply the VP of Affairs, because the internal part seems a little tongue-in-cheek by now. Plus, he's taking business organizations at Wisconsin despite the recent departure of Gordon Smith, an unfortunate set of affairs for our hero.

No comments: