Monday

Colbert

is running on both tickets next November, and people are trying to figure out the effect that's going to have. I personally could care less (except Colbert's funny sometimes) but I'm a little skeptical of the organization gathering the data for this article.

"Public Opinion Strategies, a Republican polling firm, recently completed a national poll of 1,000 likely 2008 voters that included Colbert's name in both the GOP and Democratic primaries."

No, I don't give two shits that they're a Republican firm, I just don't think I can come around and believe anyone from an organization that chooses to affix to their name the following moniker:

"'It's clear that Colbert's truthiness image and 'I am America' message has serious resonance among Democrats,' said Neil Newhouse, a POS partner."

The man is a POS partner at a GOP gig, and he thinks people are going to listen to his interpretations of Colbert's "resonance"* among Dems?

* "Resonance" in this context just made JP's list of 10 least favorite words in the English language, coming in between "feelings" (as used in the 'wahhhh wahhhh' sense) and "small-boobied" (what a nasty thing to call someone!)

1 comment:

Wade Garrett said...

Actually, I think he's been denied a place on the ballot by both parties!