Tuesday

Sauce

JP had a delicious beer-tasting afternoon on Saturday with his colleagues Dr. Hubert J. Nugz and the O-Dog. Among the selections were Rogue's Shakespeare Stout and Dead Guy Ale, Central Waters' Bourbon Barrel Stout, Dale's Pale Ale, Left Hand's Milk Stout, and Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout. The most impressive was the Bourbon Barrel Stout: O-Dog said it smelled like vanilla, but that was just the bourbon barrels speaking. It was really thick and delicious. The Shakespeare Stout was probably next.

Just for kicks, I picked up a sixer of Left Hand Sawtooth Ale the next day, and it's really good too. Left Hand is a great brewery in Colorado with a super cool all-flash website.

2 comments:

ant said...

Last year I went through a phase of using morbid adjectives, such as "drowned person white," and during this phase stumbled upon Dead Guy Ale. I loved it, but can't recall if the love was a result of Rogue's parallel thinking or if it actually tasted good.

Kimbersmith said...

I cannot believe that it has taken me this long to figure out who Dr. Nugz is. I literally just figured it out this very moment.

Tell him I said hello. Or just smack him in the face for me. Same difference.