Friday

The Over/Under on John Daly's Round Today

is set at 75.

Yesterday was an amazing day in sports for that man. I heard ESPNRadio talk about him for 20 minutes last night. A few of the gems from the web:

Still, there was Daly, remarkably, on the leaderboard Thursday, shooting 3-under-par 67 on a course he had not seen in 13 years, bombing drives with reckless abandon, and beating the heat by lighting up cigarettes and chugging Diet Pepsi. "It actually works," he said.

I heard him talk about this on the radio, and I was in stitches in bed by myself. The reporter asked him about the heat, and he responded that he grew up around Tulsa, so he's used to the heat, and the worst part are these little valleys where the humidity gathers and you can barely breathe. When that happens, he said, I just start puffing on a cigarette and chugging Diet Pepsi. There's a little pause, and then he's like I know it sounds bad and all, but it really works. Hysterical.

"There were odds with all the caddies and players this week," Daly quipped. "Who would fall first, me or my caddie [Peter VanDer Riet]. So we made it. We made 18 holes."

I'd say it's a little premature to say Daly will stay upright for three more rounds if it stays hot, especially since...

"Only had three heat strokes out there," [Daly] said.

No comments: