Thursday

Sauce Watch: Wednesday Night



JP, Oberlizzle and the Good Doctor had a little sauce fest last night. The following beers are now contributing to JP's nausea:

Three Floyd's Robert the Bruce Scottish Style Ale was my favorite. It almost looks like a stout in the glass and has some serious body. I like hearty, malty beer, and I will buy many more Three Floyd's beers in the future. I've had their Alpha King on draft, and it's delicious too.

Continuing on the scottish theme, Flying Dog's Scottish Porter was fine. I expected it to be a little more flavorful, but the short, blunt, malty porter taste was pretty tasty, I have to say, even though I generally prefer bigger porters. I'd drink it for breakfast no problem.

Boulder Beer's Hazed and Confused is not too dissimilar from the Dogfish Head Shelter Ale that I bitched about awhile ago, except there's actually flavor there. It's hard to describe: Comes off like a pale ale, isn't overhopped, but is smooth and tastable. I get worried with the hybrid pale ales that they'll underhop and I'll spend $8 on a six-pack of water that sat next to some hops at one point. This isn't that, though.

No comments: