Monday

O Anthony, why has thou forsaken me?

First off, thanks for the shout-out Ant. That'll get you a nice pair of front row tickets to the execution, gratis.

I find it very interesting, and more than a little depressing that around this time last year, there was quite a bit of hubbub surrounding our 2 rookie supes, Bobby and Sammy.

Will they be trailblazers or will they fall into predictable alignments? (one asked oneself)

I, for one, was very much hoping that Sammy would turn out to be a dark horse, throw off the shackles of his oppressors and grow a pair. Sadly, this has not turned out to be the case. As I have watched decisions coming down in case after case, I hear the case name, the result, and the numbers "5-4" and I don't need to hear any more. Bobby and Sammy have fallen neatly into the roles that the White House carved out for them, and have been utterly predictable ever since.

So, since there is no longer any solace to be drawn from the hopeful anticipation that there might be a shake-up down at the SCOTUS batcave, I am forced into my fallback position, begging Kennedy to stop pandering and start pissing off the right again. There was a time in recent history when much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth could be heard from the upper echelons of the Republican party every time a 5-4 decison came down, and this was all due to ol' Anthony doing something delightfully unexpected from a Repub-appointed justice.

I miss those days. Come on Kennedy, I know you still got it in you. In the meantime, keep the faith Steve-o and don't you dare die on me.

4 comments:

ant said...

What, only the living constitution faithful get thanks for shout-outs?

Kimbersmith said...

I meant, the shout out for "playing up his crazy", which if you recall, was uttered by yours truly, Thomas, J., following oral args in Panetti.

Kimbersmith said...

oops, sorry antone, I thought JP wrote the Panetti post. I humbly apologize and beg your forgiveness.

JP said...

JP is holding it down. I ain't going nowhere. Plus, Bobby and Sammy provide me sexual favors as a form of hazing; there's no way I'm turning down some free touchy-touchy.