Monday

Pennsylvania takes a page out of France's book and...

shuts down their government? The problem here isn't anarchy, it's partialarchy: Governor Ed Rendell shut down all services not essential to health or safety, so people trying to get, say, a driver's license, are SOL:
Outside one driver's licensing station, University of Pittsburgh student Dandan Hong, 21, found out from security guards that she would have to wait to get her permit -- the office was closed. She had been cramming for the test and leaves on vacation in two days.
"I didn't know about it until I got here," she said. "I don't know how I'm going to get my permit."

If Mr. Rendell's really going to try to be a big man around PA, he has to shut down all governmental functions: If Hong can't get a driver's license, who cares? There aren't any cops for awhile.

I can see my devoted readership (hi Graham!) looking at the JP funny now.

No comments: