Thursday

Sauce Watch: East

I had lunch today at a lovely Midtown Irish pub called Connolly's. They were out of Boddington's, and instead served me Wexler's Irish Cream Ale. This monolith of judicial stablility who sleeps with the orgininal Constitution for a blankie gives 2 enthusiastic thumbs up to this totally LEGAL alien brew.

It is this type of fine contribution to the melting pot of American culture that makes me feel A-OK about treating Irish immigrants with a little more deference than other kinds of immigrants. While all those beers from south of the border are OK, they all kind of taste the same and don't really offer me anything I can't get in a micro-brewed Summer Ale available from a patriotic American brewery. Wexler's Irish Cream Ale, on the other hand, was an adventure for the taste buds, and was the perfect choice for a one-beer lunch (by one-beer lunch, I mean one where I needed something that would satisfy me enough that I wouldn't have several beers with lunch and thus come back to work utterly schnockered).

Thanks Irish. You can stay. For now.

No comments: