Thursday

Sauce Watch: JP's Fridge



Two new sixer purchases last night:

Victory's St. Boisterous Hellerbock is pretty delicious. I didn't realize it was a Maibock until I got it home, but it doesn't make me cringe like Capital's Maibock and it has some Belgian undertones, which is what I was really looking for. Also, it might be the most expensive sixer I've ever bought, at $11.99.

Dark Horse Brewery's "One" Oatmeal Stout is named after my cohorse and, coming from Michigan like a few other beers JP'll heartily imbibe, I gave it a shot. It's a little bitter, though. I bet they put a lot of oats in there for the bitter and astringent taste wikipedia has biasedly chronicled.

SIDENOTE: After reading Clarince T's post, JP realized that for his whole life he's been fatally underusing the word 'schnockered'.

1 comment:

Kimbersmith said...

It is a good word, isn't it. Start practicing using it in a sentence, for example:

"Hey JP. When The Court reconvenes in Madison next weekend, we should all go out and get schnockered"