Wednesday

Conservapedia Conserva-spotlight: Abstinence


The Conservapedians have an enlightened approach to just about anything, and by that I mean, when you shine light on their approach, it gets brighter.

Abstinence is a particular nook of the world where their brilliance shines through. If you want to know why not to have sex, consult Conservapedia. If you want to have sex, consult my summer Cohorse, as he's the undisputed sexual champion of the JPSLS.

Conservapedia's entry on abstinence cites to another wonderful website Premaritalsex.info, which is seriously worth a look. Conservapedia lists a dozen or so "benefits of abstinence." I'd like to direct your attention to #6: "Personal freedom for both of you and your (future) marriage partner." By that they must mean the personal freedom not to exercise your sexual freedom, just like the slaves were free to not exercise their personal freedom.

A few others merit a look: "Longer lasting relationship. Premarital sex surprisingly breaks up more dating couples than any other factor." If you're having bad sex, you shouldn't get married though, right? This is in line with JP's tautology: While you wouldn't marry anyone you'd sleep with, hopefully you'd sleep with anyone you'd marry.

"More self-respect and more respect for each others and respected by other people." Yeah, I really respect those hackjobs on library mall screaming for abstinence.

Ok, last one, this could go on forever: "It's a fact that persons and couples who have premarital sex are more likely to have extramarital affairs as well." This reminds me of the pot-is-a-gateway-drug theory: It isn't that pot causes people to do other drugs, it's that people who will, in the future, be willing to try other drugs are usually exposed to pot first, and try it. People who are really into sex are likely to have premarital sex and extramarital affairs. These quasi-castrated conservatives, God bless 'em, either settle for awful sex their whole lives or go into a bathroom and try the wide stance.

3 comments:

AKen said...

JP, you're usually so spot on. But there is no way in hell that your summer Cohorse is the undisputed sexual champion of the JPSLS. I'm just sayin.

Kimbersmith said...

I concur whole-heartedly Aken.

The Scott said...

You ever notice that Christians never even debate the topic of Premarital Sex, they just 'assume' it's a sin. When I studied it I realized the Religious Right was already having premarital sex with me. I have put my findings about premarital sex in the Bible on my website.

http://www.NotAnotherGeneration.com